PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 2008
1. "Managerial functions are not universal. They are determined by
environmental variables”. Comment.
Trace the history of management thought. Indicate the names of
four important contributors and their contributions towards it.
2. What do you mean by planning premises? Describe the important
Write a note on developing strategies as a step in the process of
planning. Outline the strategic planning process.
3. Distinguish clearly between the two concepts of organizations -
as a structure and
as a process.
Discuss the factors governing decentralization. What are the
determinants of decentralizations?
4. Describe the two factors theory of work motivation advocated by
Herzberg. Compare it with Maslo’s need theory.
What is leadership? Discuss the situation theory of leadership.
5. What are the basic social obligations of management? Do they
conflict with the profit objectives?
Explain the relation between planning and control. What are the
essentials of effective control?