1. Theoretical Framework
2. Accounting Process - Books
of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures,
Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent
liabilities, Fundamental errors including
(i) Meaning and Scope of accounting
(ii) Accounting Concepts, Principles
(iii) Accounting Standards –
concepts, objectives, benefits
(iv) Accounting Policies
(v) Accounting as a measurement
discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement
4. Inventories- Basis of
inventory valuation and record keeping.
5. Depreciation accounting - Methods,
computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
7. Accounting for Special Transactions
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory
(d) Sale of goods
on approval or return basis.
8. Partnership Accounts - Final
accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and
death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
9. Introduction to Company Accounts- Issue
of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited
shares, redemption of preference shares.