1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and
cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of
straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
3. Inequalities - Graphs of inequalities in two
variables ─ common region.
4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity
5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
6. Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric
7. Sets, Functions and Relations
8. Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach
9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus
(excluding trigonometric functions)
10. Statistical description of data
Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Give
11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion-
Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean
and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
12. Correlation and Regression
13. Probability and Expected Value by
14. Theoretical Distributions - Binomial,
Poisson and Normal.
15. Sampling Theory - Basic Principles of sampling
theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in
sample survey, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types
of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
16. Index Numbers